These have been strange and trying times for everyone - families, businesses and community groups. Thanks to the efforts of the Prospect Lake District Community Association board, we were given a reprieve from our rental commitments over the Spring and Summer and we were allowed to use the parking lot for non-contact training and conditioning exercise sessions. As of September 2020, we started renting the Hall for aikido training sessions with new protocols in place.
Classes at the Hall are currently suspended due to stricter rules reimposed in November.
We are currently running online classes. Please contact the instructors if you are interested in this option.
For those who met up in the Hall parking lot over the summer or took advantage of our online sessions, our classes will continue in a similar non-contact style when permitted.
Island Aikido is making every effort to adhere to guidelines set by local health authorities.
- If you feel sick in any way, please do not come to class.
- Face masks must be worn when at the Hall, except during training. Most importantly, masks are required while mats are being setup and put away.
- Face masks are optional during training. (Subject to review when rules permit classes to resume.)
- On arrival at the dojo, use the hand sanitizer provided. This is mandatory.
- Class tuition will permit all students to maintain safe physical distancing. Everyone must respect the space of others in the dojo at all times: before, during and after each class.
- A separate area of mats will be assigned to each student and instructor. Mats must be wiped clean after each training session by the person(s) using them. Cleaning materials are provided.
- Family members or others who share a household may opt to train as a pair when performing techniques. In future, we might allow other members to train as a pair for the duration of a class, but this option is not currently permitted.